types of plc's

Wait, I know the answer! What is a....uh....oh shoot....um....dang it....

Bbbbuuuzz!

(Player thinks to himself "What is a new PLC student?" as Alex Trebeck heard saying "No, that is incorrect")

Possably the real question anz had in mind was: "How many posts can I get by asking this question?" :rolleyes:

Anz, if your a student, and ONLY if yout a student, the answer your instructor is after is as stated above: Unitary, Modular, and Rack-mounted, and maybe Brick. However in my 20 years or so in playing with programmable controlls, I only hear these terms from newbies and/or students.

In reality there are more "types" of PLCs than you could shake a stick at.

Well its certainly too complicated for the electricians I have in this plant. Their favourite question used to be "Is the relays in the PLC sticking????"