s5 basic question

DeHulk

for siemens s5

L MD10
T DW26

wich Merkerbit is than transferred to DB26.9

Is there a site with this kind of basic stuff explained ?

Your on the wrong track. MD10 in S5 is Memory bytes, 10,11,12,13. M 13.0 being the least sig bit. M10.7 being the MSB. First you must call the DB# that you want to use the DW in and DW 26 is a 2 byte area. There is a nineth bit in DW26, which is mapped from M12.1. But you are comparing a 32 bit address to a 16 bit address. There is no such address as DB26.9. If you have meant to put L MW10 T DW26, then the m bit will be M10.1. I am assuming you are counting from right to left and starting with bit 0

DeHulk

First of all L MD10 is the wrong syntax, they are F's in Step 5 not M's
So you would need to use:-

L FD10
T DD26

There are two OB's that do the job for you, OB190 and OB191, they transfer a Flag area to a DB area.

For example:-

C DB10 //open DB 10, DB where flags are to be moved to
L KY 0,100 //This will load flag area, FY 0(byte) to FY 100
L KB 100 //The address of the starting byte in DB where data is to be moved to.
JU OB190

To address the bit in the DB, you would use the following:-

C DB10
A D26.9
O D26.10
AN D26.11
ON D26.12
etc, etc

Paul

i guess i made a mistaken
it should be

L MD10
T DD26

further in the program d2639 is used

so know i need to know wich merker is transferred to D26.9

i guess M11.1 ?

RRobbins said:
Paul, S5 in German uses the M's instead of F's in English.

I wouldn't argue with you on that point, but..

Step 5 installed on my PC will not accept M, it picks it up as an error, it only accepts F, so if what you are saying is true, the language it was installed in makes a difference. I didn't know that!

Learn something new everyday!

Paul

the language it was installed in makes a difference.

I learnt that the hard way during my first brush with S5 about 12 years ago. We had to do a water purification plant for a vegetable oil company and for compatability reasons, the customer insisted on S5, which we didn't do. So we sub-contracted the work out to another company.

Although the hardware and installation was immaculate, they were unable to get the control loop for the pH control of the screw feed chalk supply working and after two weeks the customer was starting to get upset, as he had to pay a fine every time the waste water was off-spec. So I had to learn S5 in a hurry and somebody in the company decided they'd do me a favour and ordered the manuals in English. I then arrived on site, to discover that virtually every command etc. was different! Not nice, still I got it working in the end.

Now I make sure I get all my documentation in German - when in Rome...

Hello,

I also think it's M11.1.

In englisch it's F (flag)
In german it's M (merker)
In Frensh it's M (memento)

Just switch your languages setting in step5 and you'll notice.

Rudi