Barcode reader and Panelview

wa5yom

Does anyone know if you can hook up a barcode reader to an aux. port on a any of the AB Panelview products and pass the barcode data to a PLC?
By aux port I am referring to the RS232 port on the PanelView product line, in the case of Panelview Plus it could be RS232, Devicenet, etc.

Thanks,

Tim

The 'aux' port of the PanelView is for printer or upload/download of the application.

The PV+ could use the serial port for a barcode, but you will need to use Kepware UCON driver to 'read' the input from the scanner and put that into a tag.

Similar Topics

Hey all, I have a PanelView Plus 1000 and have a barcode reader hooked up to it. Currently, I can use the barcode reader by opening up a string...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends Is it possible to connect a serial barcode reader to a Delta HMI? I am lookin DOP103BQ and DOP107CV. I have serch in manuals but...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends I have a machine with a barcode reader connected through serial port to a GS2110 HMI and a FX3G CPU. Where can I found the tag...
Replies
Views
Hello all , I have a project including S7-1200 and sick sensor lbc642 I need to communicate with the camera through ethernet tcp/I using t_send...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am on a automotive line right now (4 segments) and we have a barcode reader at the beginning of each segment at the elevators. The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom