Communication between panelview1000, SLC 5/03 and laptop

hhuong

After doing some research on internet about PLC, I would like everyone to check on my network connection between panelview1000 (CAT#: 2711-T10C9 SER: B) , SLC 5/03 and Laptop.

I have an AIC+ Advanced Interface Converter (1761-NET-AIC), an Isolated Link Coupler (1747-AIC), a 1784-PCMK/B Card in my laptop and the cable(1784-PCM4/ B).

First of all, I connect the channel 0 of SLC to the port 2 of AIC+ using cable(1761-CBL-PM02). Second, I use cable (1747-CP3) to connect from RS-232 port (Panelview) to the port 1 of AIC+

Then, I will have cable(1784-PCM4/ B) connect from the Peripheral Port of 1747-AIC to the 1784-PCMK card in PCMCIA slot.

Through this whole network connection, Will I be able to display all three nodes (Panelview, Laptop, SLC 5/03) in RSWho Window (RSLinx)? During the configuration in RSLinx, what driver device should I pick (PCMK or PIC/AIC)?

Thank you!

hhuong said:
Through this whole network connection, Will I be able to display all three nodes (Panelview, Laptop, SLC 5/03) in RSWho Window (RSLinx)? During the configuration in RSLinx, what driver device should I pick (PCMK or PIC/AIC)?

It seems you forgot to mention how the AIC+ and the 1747-AIC are connected. They are connected aren't they?

Provided you have your cables correct, I don't have the part numbers memorized(but what you have sounds right), the SLC channel 0 is set for DH-485, and all of your communications configuration settings match (baud rate, etc.) except node number, you should be able to see the SLC and the Panelview from your laptop in RSLinx.

The driver in RSLinx you will use is the PCMK. It shuld be set up the same as when you were going online with channel #1 of the SLC.(if you chose the same baud rate etc.)

The driver in RSLinx you will use is the PCMK. It shuld be set up the same as when you were going online with channel #1 of the SLC.(if you chose the same baud rate etc.)

Thanks for checking.

In your previous statement, what is connected to the channel 1 of SLC? my laptop?

In my network connection, the channel 1 of SLC is not used. My laptop which contain 1784-PCMK card was actually connected to the Peripheral Port of 1747-AIC.

Besides, any suggestion what cable I should use to connect the AIC+ and 1747-AIC?

hhuong said:
In your previous statement, what is connected to the channel 1 of SLC? my laptop?

I was talking about the other thread you started a couple days ago. In that thread you stated that you were able to communicate from your laptop to the SLC, using the PCMK. But, I agree, with your current set-up there should be nothing plugged into the channel 1 port of the SLC.

The cable you need to use for the connection between the AIC and the AIC+ is Belden 3106A or equivilent. The cable will connect between the screw terminal plug on the front of each unit. Remember it is a good idea to terminate the shield to ground at one end only.

dh485.gif