plz help to setup my modicon pl7 micro programme, help needed

anyaddress

hi all
i have a problem in my modicon micro plc and the error lamp is flashing with a red colour
the problem happened when i just turn my panel elctrcity off like every day but when i turned the panel power on the system indicte error in connection massege on my screen panel and the error lamp is flashing with a red colour while the green run led is completely off now
1-what is the possible problem,knowing that the backup battery is good
2- i have pl7 micro v1.8 software which is come packaked in 10 floppy disk when we bring the plc ,i installed the software in my pc and its work fine but i want to know the rule of unitelway driver ?
is by installing the pl7 micri in my computer i can connect to my plc normally knowing that i have the suitable cable between serial port and plc or i need a driver to be set(unitelway),and if i need driver to establish communiction between plc and pc how i can configure it
sorry im speaking so much but this the first time i want to upload programme to plc thxxxx

Hi,
What CPU are you using ie 3710,3708 etc. To diagnose your problem, you need to get connected and run some diagnostics. Your software version is very old, I think the current version is 4.3. When you install the software you also as part of the installation install the unitelway driver. Provided the installation was performed correctly, You are fully equiped to connect ,Monitor and programme the Micro Range. You need the Programming Cable "TSXPCU1031". To connect "Using my version of the software - 4.2 ", You press Transfer - then select PLC>PC to transfer the programme to your Computer(If you dont have a copy). Once you have done this you can press connect to go Online and Check out Whats going on.

Hope all this makes some sense!

Steve

Post back if you need any more help (y)

The latest version of PL7 Pro is now 4.4, it would be much easier if you could get hold of a newer version, even version 3.4 would be better.

A error flashing light indicates: No valid application in the PLC or blocking fault on the application program.

Have you been using this panel for a while or is it a newly built one?

i have been used the panel for 4 years and it was works so fine,i replace the battery with a new one from 8 month also the system was working fine,i stop the panel for two month then when i want to start it again the eroor light is flashing ,plz any one can supply me with new programming software any version it will be better than my old one thxxxxxx

[email protected]

Have you sorted your problem yet, soory for the long delay.

When you say that you stopped the panel, did you turn the power off to the PLC? If you did then you would of been relying on the backup battery, which ti me sounds as though it was not in very good condition.

MODICON?

Time to consider moving on to another control system.

Unless someone knows better, Modicon ain't no more.

I think MODICON,TELEMECHANIQUE,SQUARE D,AEG and MERLIN GERIN etc all come under the banner of Group Schneider now.

Anyways not a big Fan really, Just a job requirement to program them!

Steve.

I just set up my Modicon plc today. Like every other devices, the transferring baudrate, parity code etc has to match between the plc and the pc. for PL7, when you install newer version or reset everything to default settings, the parity is always odd. In anyway of my blabber, can your pc communicate with your plc?

Your problem sounds a little tricky. Try to check what the error is appearing on your screen, when you are going to transfer data. I will try to help, if needed.

My most common problem is dealing between modicon's and AB's plc. my com port will always stay as AB's until i update my driver and stop the RSlinx from running before I start PL7 or there would definately be a conflict.

regards
Sherine T.