bly

HI PPL
Anyone help me
At work we have a tp170 connected to siemens 314 plc

the problem is one of the icons on the hmi appears to be stuck on

and will not switch off

i have checked the ladder and this buttons input address is not used

anywhere else in the program

can these panels go faulty and lock an input on??

cheers for any help

billy

"can these panels go faulty and lock an input on??"

yes, they can.

try to re-load the firmware; and then reload the project.

good luck

Sticky Buttons

I have seen this in RSView32 and InTouch. If you select a button and slide your finger off it, the button remains on. It seems that the button address is set when the button is touched and reset when the button is released. When the button is pressed and the cursor is moved off the button, the reset action is not performed. RSView32 explains this as a windows feature and provides a capture cursor option to avoid it. With Intouch, PLC logic was required to set the button address off when the button is released. You should be able to toggle the address off in the PLC but the potential for this to happen again exists.