com profibus problem

kegman

Hi all,
I am trying to interigate some S5 remote I/O connected to an IM308 card on profibus DP.

When i download the DP master i get a message that it is not complete due to file Si801cad.2mh missing. It then says copy to directory of device master files and load files.

Any ideas......????????????????????????????

I have looked on the siemens and profibus sites and cannot even find the file.

kegman

The file SI801CAD.2MH is the GSD file for the IM308C. Search for SI801CAX.2MH, copy that and change the name to SI801CAD.2MH, then read that into your library and try again.

I had a similar problem to what you are experiencing when I upgraded from ComPB 3.3 to Com profibus 5.1

What version of com profibus are you using?

Paul

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a communication problem between a Profibus network and Citect. There are 5 PLCs w/ CP343-5 Cps connected to a PC trough CP5613 A2...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at an old Profibus configuration on ComPB 5.1 and upon loading the .et2 file I get an error Upon loading an old configuration et2...
Replies
Views
Dear All, How can i go online using Com Profibus V5.1 Which particular cable do i need? and what is the Procedures to go online? When i try to go...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a blown film line with a Siemens 555 plc, 26 profibus slaves and 2 devices conected on the MPI network. I have Com Profibus...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a problem, right now i have a empty memorycard for the IM308C and it isn't possible to program it via the profibus port on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom