PacSystems rx3i

LJAM

All,
Has anyone come across this new plc from GE fanuc? The vendor's brochures are quite impressive (as usual) ... but I have not knowledge of any installation. If any of you is/was a user of the system, I would certainly appreciate your feedback.
Thanks in advance,

The GE distributors that I am in contact with in IL ans WISC do not have any out yet. "THEIR" contacts at GE say that there are plenty out and working fine. But, I've heard that before.

Perhaps send a PM to russb, he may know of some.

Local utility just went statewide with an upgrade t 9070 seriers, that kind of surprises some of us with the rx 3's and 7's just coming out.

regards.....casey

G'day Casey,
I don't think they have many sites yet. I am not surprised with the decision of the utility company you mentioned. Power and water companies are usually the last to embrace new technologies, their conservative approach is due to potential consequences that failures in their system can cause (besides no one likes to be the guinea pig)
Thanks for the comments.
Cheers,
LJAM