protocol language

Hello,
As we have so many companys in automation why not we have a
common protocol for communicaition device/field communication

which lanaguage used to develop these communcation protocol?

Thanks
sandeep

why not we have a common protocol for communicaition device/field communication

yea that would be great, but hey...why don't we all speak the same language :unsure:

each manufacturer has his own way to creat his protocol.

best regards

Profibus was an attempt to have an open communications protocol.

It is my understanding that it took so long to decide what was needed, that when the protocol specification was finalized, it was already out of date. So now, folks grab it and "extend" it into more proprietary protocols that are not really profibus.

I think it was Heinlein who said:
"A committee is ten men doing the work of one."

If I had were the king of the world, I'd proclaim a new protocol standard and be done with it.

But until my coronation, we're going to have to live with the profibusses, CANbusses, Modbusses, DH's and DH+'s, and all the rest....

All hail King Don!