translation

bbouette

Does anyone know if there is an utility or little program that translate a hmi programm from a panelmate platform's to the panelview.

i just dont want to recreate the all thing....

thanks

larry

Even if there were such a translator, (and there isn't) if the PanelMate configuration uses the standard PanelMate templates, the translation would be ugly. Each pushbutton template on the PanelMate can have as many as five colors/text and can write to as many as four different addresses in the PLC.

Not for Eaton PanelMate. Their "pushbuttons off to the side" approach to HMI terminals doesn't map well to the A-B PanelView world.

I did a manual conversion last year to PV+ and it was, as said before, ugly. I ended up rewriting most of the functions of the system instead of "translating" them.

I know A-B's engineering department has an internal utility that does the grunt work of a TCP QuickPanel to PV+ conversion, but that's a different kettle of fish.