Back Up Program FX-32MT-ESS/UL

elneandy

Hello Everybody.
I have a little shop and I have recently bought a
HAL (Hot Air leveling system). This machine have a PLC mitsubishi FX-32MT-ESS/UL. I need to make a back-up of the program, so in the case that it lost the program in its RAM memory, I don't have the machines stop for 15 days.
What do I need to download the program from the PLC. Anyuone could tell me what are the steps that I sould made. I need to know software requirements as well as hardware.

Thanks for your time to all.

elneandy,

The BEST back-up program is not a copy that you up-load from the PLC...The best backup is a copy that you get from the person who installed it in the machine. This will include all the documentation, and maybe a print-out of the ladder logic, and other information that you might need.

If you should be able to get the Mitsubishi FX programming software, and install it successfully on a portable computer, and then make the proper communication connection to the PLC, and then get past the programming password, then what you will have is a bare-bones ladder diagram, with no symbols, comments, or help in figuring out what each instruction does in the program. In other words, you will not have much, but it might alow you to rstore the original program.

elneandy,
First you will need either Medoc (the old dos version) or GX Developer
plus a 232 to 422 converter (SC09 combi cable).
if there is a password set in the plc then you cannot upload the program.
A tip is, if you manage to get the raw code out & have a set of drawings, then you can document quite a lot of the code by entering all the input & output comments then work through the program & try to understand what the logic does.
Good luck.