PLC2 Math instruciton

mwatkins

In a PLC2 Mul or DIV there are addresses for MSD and LSD. What would be the best way to get these values in a PLC5 Instruction (I am converting a PLC2 program). Would I use S:13 and S:14 and MOV these into another file.
Thanks Guys.

The SLC500 uses registers S:13 & S:14 for math operations, but in the PLC5 the math instructions do not use these registers.
PLC5:
S:13 = File number where fault occured
S:14 = Rung number where fault occured

If the values are too big for integers what about converting them to floating point.

Sorry I am converting this to a PLC5 then copying to a SLC500, which is where I tought of using S13 & 14.

32 bit math in PLC5?

As I recall, the DIV and MUL in a PLC2 generated
extended data, and you had to de-code the MSD
and LSD in your program. The PLC 5 does not
generate 32 bit results, because it has floating
point data, which the PLC 2 did not.

Your PLC 2 program probably manipulates the
quasi-32 bit result in a register-pair. In a
PLC 5. or a SLC500, for that matter, floating
point is the answer. Make your MUL or DIV
put the result in a Floating Point storage.