PSTN Communication

teh

Supporting Member
Hi Folks,

How should i communication between PLC and SCADA system through PSTN

lease line? what is the Bandwidth of PSTN?

Beside it , i have 20 Video Camera for monitoring, can the video

monitoring system software simultaneously with SCADA system software?

Regards

PSTN is Public Switch Telephone Network...ie Plain old telephone. Bandwidth will be same as a dial up modem, 56K. If you have 2 leased lines it may be possible to use shotgun technology to double the speed.

You could run the software simultaneously but I wouldnt unless its a very powerful computer using 2 monitors.

pstn

SO, how can i exchange the data between 2 plc through pstn lease line?

What additional hardware/software i shall use?

regards

It depends on what type of leased lines your talking about. Is it dry copper or something like a 56k circuit or frame relay. How do you plan on compressing the video? Leased lines are not dial up lines, they are a dedicated always on service

Last edited:
if the modem what i use is sinaut st7 , in this case which CP module i should use for s7300 PLC? Do i need addisional software? and how is the configuration?

regards

teh

One or two of the regulars here have dealt with Siemens teleservice, search this site for the keyword "teleservice", have a look for the thread started by Tom Jenkins, that might help you out in what with what you need to set this up.

Paul