Bachmann PLCs

ControlLogix

Hi guys and gals,

Has anybody here ever worked with Bachmann PLCs? I am running into a brick wall trying to get information on the things. I have tried to contact Bachmann to no avail.

I am currently working on a project to gather information from 20 odd injection moulding machines and I was told that the controller was a microprocessor. This turned out to be false and I now have 20 Bachmann PLCs that nobody knows anything about.

I want to be able to talk to the PLC using either Intouch or Iconics rather then the current method which I was adopting of piggybacking signals using relays etc.

Thanks,

Colm

More Help Required!

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this doesn't help as the list of processors that they promote don't appear to match up with anything that I have at the moment. Here is a full list of what I have which might help.

1 * LIR602/B
1 * TRA664/1F
1 * SIP602
1 * FBI602
1 * AI0688
1 * TI608I
1 * INC502
1 * UTR
1 * DI632
1 * DO606
1 * AI608
1 * AO608I
1 * DNT90/T

I can identify each of the items i.e. digital i/p module etc. The issue is that I don't have any info on this stuff. I need brochures etc about the processor so I can understand how I can talk to what I've got in front of me.

It's very frustrating for me at the moment. I get the feeling that I am on the verge of blowing this project wide open...I am so close and yet so far!

Frustratingly yours,

Colm

You can reach their headquarters in austria with this number:
+43 55223497-0 (Someone probably speaks english there).

Tell them that you are an enduser that
1. Wants info on how to access their PLCs via OPC.
2. Wants access to download manuals from the service site. (you must be assigned a User ID and password).

Any luck?

Did you ever have any luck with this. I have two similar systems and would like to talk to them but I'm in the same boat.
Sarj

ControlLogix said:
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this doesn't help as the list of processors that they promote don't appear to match up with anything that I have at the moment. Here is a full list of what I have which might help.

1 * LIR602/B
1 * TRA664/1F
1 * SIP602
1 * FBI602
1 * AI0688
1 * TI608I
1 * INC502
1 * UTR
1 * DI632
1 * DO606
1 * AI608
1 * AO608I
1 * DNT90/T

I can identify each of the items i.e. digital i/p module etc. The issue is that I don't have any info on this stuff. I need brochures etc about the processor so I can understand how I can talk to what I've got in front of me.

It's very frustrating for me at the moment. I get the feeling that I am on the verge of blowing this project wide open...I am so close and yet so far!

Frustratingly yours,

Colm

BACHMANN PLC MX213 and ICONICS

Hello.

I am having similar challenge to integrate BACHMANN PLC based Injection Moulding machine to ICONICS.

let me know if any luck on this.

Thanks
Amit

I am sorry, but I don't find any processor module in your list?
BACHMANN is a very good PLC, it even support C++.
Have a good luck.