E-termials E910 Touch Screen

Contr_Conn

Just got back from my old customer: he has a E910 touch screen terminal less than year old, used with demo - very little use.
He called me saying that touch screen is acting really bad lately.

After playing around for over hour I gave up: current and new blank program, even build in calibration program does not work correctly.
I can see pointer response in vertical direction is accurate but in horizontal it is few inches off and jumping around.

Any one had similar issue?
What is warranty on it?

Looks like these customer will drop Mitsubishi and go with AD...

Beijer have had some problems with them 910. They have never admited it but many patches have been released.

Be sure to get the latest firmware.

I had one unit go bizark when I tried to load a anim.gif into its Web Server function.

I will try to upgrade FW on Monday, I don't this this is a problem as this demo was working for almost a year without any problems.
I am pretty sure this is a touchscreen problem...

Clear the whole terminal and use the "secret" key to make only one screen then play with the touchscreen. See if it has the same problems.

I have had some problems with some home-made bitmaps. When I removed them the trouble whent away.

My 2 cents