tsx07 pc to plc cable

cma189

C
I have recently aquired two tsx07 nano plc's with the pl707 programming software, version 1. The problem is i dont have the cable to connect my computer to the plc. I just wanted to make a cable but need the diagrams. Any other information on how to connect these two would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks.
--Curt

It is probably easiest to purchase a premade cable from Schneider or Niobrara Research & Development.

The TSX07 programming port is RS485, so you will need to get a convertor for your computer's serial port if you make your own. Also, I have not had luck finding an easy source for the mini-DIN 8 pin connector.

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the input, currently i am trying to track down the cable. From everything that i can find the number is TSXPCX1031. Is that the correct number? Another question is are these cables usually expensive, i got a hold of a shriedner supplier but they havent contacted me back yet. Thanks again.
--Curt

Ok i finally just bought the cable, it ran me 130 dollars. Now how do you get everything up and running. I try to connect the plc and computer and i just get a comm error.

I can't tell you how to wire the cable up, but I found the same 8-pin mini DIN port on the front of an Omron SP20.
After a little digging I found that a Mac serial port extension cable was a perfect fit. Make sure you get one with all 8 pins wired thru.

Sorry, after reading the rest of the thread I see the TSX needs the 485 conversion too.