AB String Displai on a PV

jimtech67

Can I display ST data file values from SLC 500 5/03 on a PV 550. I want to display the data in ST50:1 on the PV and write to the register from a PV (example Product 1).

If I have to use the ascii data registers it seems I can only fit 2 characters in each register. I am trying to have the customer change recipe names with the panel view. It looks like a lot of work. It may not be worth the time and cost to the customer. This change is minor priority on the job.

Unfortunately I do not have access to the hardware to test anything or I would start trying stuff my self

GO JETS

In the Panelview program for the string display tag properties change the -> Format -> String Width - change its value to what length you want.

So if the Tag is A30:0 and the length specified is 16, then the string displays of panelview displays strings from A30:0 to A30:15.
Also in the tag 'Data Type' properties choose Character Array.

The Above display will displays PLC's Data File A30(Ascii) strings stored in A30:0 to A30:15.

Good Luck

PV and ST

The PV does support ST data types.

The only "trick" is that the address is entered as ST50:1.1.

The ".1" allows the PV to start accessing the string starting with the text data. If you just enter ST50:1, you'll start with the .LEN part of the string, which is not what you want.