Logix 500 Printout

Jnelson

I like to use page descriptions and also rung comments when documenting a program in logix 500. It looks fine when I am looking at it on my computer screen, all the rungs are displayed in order with no breaks in between. The problem is, when I go to print a report the page title’s break up the printout into smaller sections. So the question is this: Is there a way to use page title’s when printing a report and have the report look like my screen? (consecutive rungs with no breaks between them)

sorry ... bad news ...

no ... at least not as far as I know ... the "titles" are "page titles" ... they are intended to break the program into functional sections ... not to comment individual rungs ... as you've noticed, when you print the program, each "title" gives you a new page (sheet of paper) ...

note: if you've never tried it before, explore the RSLogix "Advanced Diagnostics" feature ... it's under "Search" ... this searches on the contents of the titles ...

hidden gem

Ron brings up a good point, that most folks are unaware of.

The Page Titles in an R$Logix (or ICOM for that matter) are
also used by the advanced diagnostics feature, and sort of
a quick way to look at your program sectionally.