EZ Touch Program Corrupted

msinclair

Hi all,

I just finished an EZ Touch program with about a half dozen screens. I have not downloaded it to the panel yet.

I made a final change to the WinPLC that I was using, rebuilt the project to get the new MAP file, and went to open the EZ Touch program with the new MAP file, but found that I can no longer select the EZ touch program.

If I choose "Edit Program Off-Line", then browse to the project directory, select the .EZT file, everything grays out, and I have to re-select the "Edit Program Off-Line", rebrowse to the project directory, select the .EZT file, repeat . . .

I'm using the latest EZ Touch software (3.1-A), this program worked fine last week. Other EZ Touch files open fine. Any ideas what might have caused the file corruption? Any ideas how to get it back?

Thanks,

Marc

PS: I talked to Automation Direct tech support - they had me try a few things (rename / change directory / delete the .ANO file) with no luck, and then asked me to ZIP it and send it to them for them to try a few things. I was just hoping someone here might have had a similar experience and have some idea for me to try.

EZ Touch

You might want to download the latest maint. upgrade from their website and run it, even if it the same version upgrade. Maybe one of your programming files in EZ Touch has a minor problem with it.
I hope this helps.

No it isn't - I'll try changing it and let you know.

Marc

PS: I don't even get to the part where I can specify the .MAP file. It "gives up" when I first select the .EZT file.

I tried changing the EZ touch file names (not the .MAP) file first. That gave me an actual error to read:

"Error_I03_11: Unable to find PLC dll with manuafcturer id : 82 and model id : 84"

I got the same error with the .MAP renamed as well.

I still get the same behavior if the names don't match (no error message / EZ Touch just "gives up").

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Marc

Just got off the phone with Tech Support. We don't know why it happened, but the .MAP file that EZ Touch creates (not the Think & Do .MAP file (which is used when creating the original project)) got deleted. It happened to me TWICE. Has anyone seen this before?

As a workaround, I created a blank project using the same original Think & Do .MAP file, then renamed the one that this project created, and voila - everything worked again.

Thanks,

Marc