Profibus with siemens S7-series

pc_freaker666

Hi all,

I'm a Belgian student and i'm making a thesis of Profibus.
At my school they have S7-200 PLC's, now my question is:

Can I let 2 S7-200 PLC's communicate by Profibus?
What do I need, and how can I program these things?

Other information of siemens Profibus is always welcome :)

Greetz to all

hi,

a second question, does somebody know if I can use a S7-200 as master?
Because I want to connect 2 S7-200 PLC's but I don't know if it's possible

greetz

damn,

there has to be some way to use them in a profibus connection as master, otherwise I'll need to use a S7-300 as master and a S7-200 as slave

but thanks

Well this is a wild guess but, can’t you configure the master plc in the hardware configuration within Simatic Step7 (if you are using it of course). It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a Siemens PLC and the one I’ve worked with was a S7-315 2dp if I’m not mistaking.
But I thought that I’ve configured the master in the hardware configuration of Step7 as well as the set up for my profibus network.

S7-200 on PROFIBUS

Hi,

S7-200 can communicate via PROFIBUS, but only as slave. If want a PROFIBUS master you should get a S7-300 or S7-400.

You can communicate S7-200 with PPI, using NETW and NETR.

I hope this help.

2 S7-200's can communicate over profibus using peer to peer communications.
From the manual:
Using Master and Slave Devices on a PROFIBUS Network
The S7-200 supports a master-slave network and can function as either a master or a slave in a PROFIBUS network, while STEP 7--Micro/WIN is always a master.

Masters
A device that is a master on a network can initiate a request to another device on the network. A master can also respond to requests from other masters on the network. Typical master devices include STEP 7--Micro/WIN, human-machine interface devices such as a TD 200, and S7-300 or S7-400 PLCs. The S7-200 functions as a master when it is requesting information from another S7-200 (peer-to-peer communications).

The manual:
http://www4.ad.siemens.de/dnl/DY1NjExNQAA_1109582_HB/S7-200_e.pdfb