Dupline Programming

elevmike

I have a Dupline programmer (GAP 1605) for programming the remote I/O on a Dupline setup from Carlo Gavazzi. I have the data sheet on it, but cant figure (only guess), which I/O on the programmer refers to which I/O on the board.

For example the programmer is displayed as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, & 8. However the 4 in & 4 out board is labled O4, O3, O2, O1, & I4, I3, I2, I1.

The website is the worst that I have ever run across for finding tech data, and their too busy to answer the phone..

Thanks, Mike.

Ok so I got some views but no responses... However I did get a hold of Carlo Gavazzi tech support and after some explination got the answer..

Mike.

Sorry for the delay Mike :(

Dupline has 128 addresses. They are from letter A to letter P and have 1 individual addresse per letter. So if you use the whole 128 addresses you would have A1, A2, up to P8.

That is for digital addresses.

The way it works is...

The impulse generator send a long pulse (8ms) that synchs all the modules. Each sender will send a high or low 1ms signal at the precise point of that sequence.

So if A1 is High, A2 low, A3 high, you would see with a scope a 9ms pulse + low for 1ms then high again for 1 ms.

Pierre,

So I'm not the only one who has these....Whew..

Anyway the the addressing I've got, my problem was with the I/O indicator LEDs on the programmer are labled 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and the I/O on the boards are labled O1 O2 O3 O4 I1 I2 I3 I4. None of my documentation shows the referencees.

But as it turns out 1=I1, 2=I2 & 5=O1..and so on..

Should have guessed..

Thamks for the response... Mike

Its a real funny system. You can install many dozens of these 128 channels.

I have used it in places where it was real difficult and expensive to pull wires and we just used some 120Vac 15A circuits (the wires for them that is).

Be very carefull not to pullout ANY modules when the system is operating. Damage can result.

Also its important to install lightning arestors on both legs when going in and out of buildings.

Distance can be up to 10K with these.

We have installed them in airport tarmac traffic signal lights systems.

Last time I used them they where called Electromatic Dupline System

Pierre,

We use them like so: http://www.dupline.com/scheletro.asp?Language=UK&page=31. They dramatically cut down install time and wiring etc.. However the dont become cost effective unless we'er dealing witn 10 floors or more.

So now you have the website but try getting some data on them...It's posted, but with no links to direct you to them... :( I had to call them and the emailed me the URLs.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you have a product number for the 4 input/output module or the manual for it.
Try this link http://www.productsonline.info/POL/itemDetails.jsp
You may have to truncate the product name to get the info.

Dupline is used extesivly in the coal mine where I work for monitoring of conveyor lockouts, sequence passing between conveyors and as the data/trip backbone for our gas monitoring system.

Generally speaking the inputs could be programmed to recieve any address from A1 through P8 as could any of the outputs. The address would be set either by switch settings or by the programmer depending on the device.

We have some 8 channel Rx's where the channels can be individually set by the programmer. ie (CH1-A1) (CH2-A2) (CH3-F4) (CH4-P8) (CH5-OFF) (CH6-O5) (CH7-I6) (CH8-I1), this is also true for some types of transmitters. We also have some 4 channel Rx's that are set by dial switches, these are less flexible ie 1 switch sets the Channel group and the other sets the range. ie Channel group (A-P) Range(low 4 (1-4) high 4 (5-8)).

I get the feeling that you may have the impression that I = input and O = output, correct me if this is not so.
I will try to put together a clearer pictorial representation later.
Yes the Carlo site could do with some work.

Pierre

In the time I have been at this site I have read many of your post and have found the content to be valuable and of a high standard.

Posted by Pierre

The impulse generator send a long pulse (8ms) that synchs all the modules. Each sender will send a high or low 1ms signal at the precise point of that sequence.

So if A1 is High, A2 low, A3 high, you would see with a scope a 9ms pulse + low for 1ms then high again for 1 ms.

This statement is not entirely correct.

How Dupline works as I understand it,

Dupline uses pulse width modulation to identify the on/off state of each address. The 8 ms pusle you mention is the sycronizing pulse that resets each devices "counter".
An off Channel is a square wave form of 0.25ms low and 0.75ms high total of 1 ms allowed for 1 channel.
An on channel Channel is a square wave form of 0.5ms low and 0.5ms high total of 1 ms allowed for 1 channel.
When viewed on an O-scope the on channel will also show a short spike below the "Low level" this is the trigger to the Master generator to widen the 0.25ms pulse to 0.5ms.

Ian

kellian,

I appreciate the info, however my issue is resolved. I wasnt certain as to which I/O on the I/O module refered to which LED on the top row of LEDs on the programmer. I talked to the tech guys in Bufflo Grove and they set me stright.

Thanks, Mike.

P.S.

We like the Dupline for use in modernization projects because it allows us to re-use much of the existing wiring. They appear to be extreemly imune to noise, and are rather simple to use. Major problems with A) getting them, and B) finding tech docs on them. After a few hours of jumping thorugh some hoops we were able to do both.....

Good Day I'm searching for any dupline documentation on how to communicate to Siemens s7-300 and s7-200 only. I found data mapping for S7-200 but only for digital IO only, is there anybody here who has or know where I can find data mapping for Analog values. Also the data mapping for s7-300 I can't find it. I hope someone could help. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Rey

Analog are same thing as digital.... many bits make a byte... and so on.

If you put a scope on the stream you will see it.