PLC application in daily life

helmi

i'm learning about plc. can anybody help me with this topic.
i only know that PLC use in traffic light, what else we use PLC in
daily life

PLCs are very often used with machines (such as injection molding machines), and in plants (a collection of conveyors, silos, pipes, valves, sensors, etc..).

Hope this gives you an idea to work with.

think of anything you see in the shops - chances are it came from a production line with PLCs controlling it. Even sometimes used for home automation, lifts, automatic car washes. Although now more is headed toward the PC, there are still many things controlled by PLCs

I hope for many years to come else i'm out of a job :(

Cheers

If you are looking for examples in order to practise or refine your programming then traffic lights is a good example. There's also a lift that goes up and down three floors. You could make a calculator program.

As once suggested on these hallowed pages, you could also make a washing machine program.

If your question is simply asking where PLC's are utilised through-out daily life then its been pretty much answered. Everywhere!

I'm building a large ion cannon as we speak controlled by a Siemens 400 series PLC that I'm hoping will enable me to take over the world *evil laugh*. I just need to get my motorised ceiling sorted, the satellite launched, and settle the dispute with the local electricity supplier over increased usage and I should be ready to destroy a few cities... *more evil laughing* etc etc

:D

Johnny,

When your mum gets home and finds out what you're up to, you're gonna get grounded for at least a month.

PLCs are widely used in machines. Examples are processing unit, conveyor belt units, automation units. They are also used in control panels, system panels...Etc. Also used on experimental/temporary traffic lights, lifts, lighting systems, monitoring systems …etc. I think I am repeating myself. :p Well, even toys can be operated by PLCs! I experimented with one back in school, when I was in my second year,we did a robot that can carry a little kid around and sing songs. that machine turns out pretty big and heavy. But it was fun.

regards
ST

I have 2 photocells connected to a PLC, and run a CX-Supervisor SCADA project as a computerised display / timing system for my sons Scalextric (slot-cars to out US cousins).
Brill!!!