Xp Sp2

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Do you think it's safe to install SP2 as long as I follow This Knowledgebase once it is installed.

I thought that maybe Rockwell would upgrade RSlogix, but maybe this is all that there is?

I only use RSlogix, RSLinx, and Panelbuilder 32.
Thanks
George Bradley

IMO it is never safe to install SP2, SP1, XP or anything in any way related to MS. :p Unfortunately we have to. Saying that, the only machines I currently use with SPs on them were put there by someone else.

On the safe side - take an image of the drive first, it's more secure than a restore point, not even sure if a restore will roll back SP changes. To be doubly sure make sure you have hard backups of everything, even if it does mean hours of reinstallation at least you've got it.

Signed: The sad,tired voice of painful experience.

Phew, got to the end to discover that ZA PC was OK, I'm running XP no SPs but ZA Pro. I've never been compromised yet. Hint for others with 3rd party firewalls, kill the built in XP one, it is useless and screws other things up.

A few month ago I was in Orlando for an exposition and guess what. The boys next door where on there anual SQL developer meeting.

MS was there with flying colors.

I was WiFi walking in there networks like a child in the park.

Its not what SP you got that makes you safe or safer, it what you let the world see!

No hacker can go into someting that just does not exist !!!

No hacker can go into someting that just does not exist !!!

That's right, ZA Pro makes you IP addy invisible, if you set it that way.

Hint for others with 3rd party firewalls, kill the built in XP one, it is useless and screws other things up.

Correction, Xp firewall slows down (not prevents) P2P connections.