Allen Bradley to Siemens

DJ Wall

I am trying to switch a previously developed elevator which is controlled using Allen Bradley to Siemens and I do not want to rewire the entire elevator. There is a piece of harware out there that i can use to convert compact logic to Profibus if anyone knows what this is it would be greatly appreciated.

The worlds of AB and Siemens stubbornly refuses to meet.

Is it like this ? :
You have CompactLogix rack(s) that you want to connect via Profibus.

There is no Profibus card that you can plug straight onto the CompactLogix hardware.
The closest you can get is to find some Profibus capable hardware that has the same "form factor" as the Compactlogix. Exchanging all the CompactLogix hardware with this "other" hardware, You then have to reconnect the i/o to the new hardware (and hope that the wires are long enough !).

It could be Siemens ET200M (A Profibus adapter 6ES7 153-1AA03-0XB0 + S7-300 i/o modules). This is the closest physical form to the CompactLogix that I can think of.