problem on symbol file

qiliming

Q
hi,dear friends.
could u help to tell me what's up for the below?

in Step 5, I press F4 and set a program path.
eg. i set 12345.st.s5d as my program file.
then i try to set the symbol file :+===>
I use "NOTEPADE" TO OPEN another *.s5d's symbol file.
and then save it with a new name:eg.12345z0.seq,
then i do the same thing to generate 12345z0.ini,
====>
after that , i back to set symbol file:
F4 and set them to the above cited files.

but when i tried to check "display symbolic",
popup window and msg:symbols: "diskette error"

I failed.

why?

This might be because notepad changes the document format in some way on the 'save as' option.

If you wish to copy a complete project under a different name, make a copy of all the files associated with that project and then using the 'rename' function, change the first 6 digits of the file name to what you want, then open Step 5 and load your new project.

Paul

If i understand correctly, you want to use the symbols file from 1 project and put it in another....So when you load your new project in the settings page, just highlight the symbols box and F3 to browse to the symbols file you want to use. Then you can save a pj.ini to use these settings for next time..

Cheers