Integer to Hex??

Coops

Slight problem with a Mitsi Q Series PLC, function needed would be BINDHA but this plc does'nt support the use of the function, need to convert from Integer (Bin 16) to HEX data.

What for: It seems that when I convert an integer to ascii it leaves a null/empty space after the ascii i.e A.

Very very annoying, or is there away in which I can just move a HEX value to a memory area or join to integers to form an ascii string?

Please help, i'm going mad.

OK, worked out a answer but its not very pratical.

I can store an integer in D600 and another in D601.
Then if I do a swap function on D600, so that the lower 8 bits get transfered to the upper 8 bits and then just add D600 to D601 to get the answer. Therefore 19744 = 204Dh.

I will have to do this about 90 times as i have alot of strings to convert, does anyone know an easier way of doing this?

OK, worked out a answer but its not very pratical.

I can store an integer in D600 and another in D601.
Then if I do a swap function on D600, so that the lower 8 bits get transfered to the upper 8 bits and then just add D600 to D601 to get the answer. Therefore 19744 = 204Dh.

I will have to do this about 90 times as i have alot of strings to convert, does anyone know an easier way of doing this?

Check Data Processing Instructions like WTOB and BTOW, UNI and DIS, etc.
There is no instructruction BINDHA in Q instruction set (or any other
instruction set). Did you maybe think of BINHA and DBINHA?

Get manual SH_NA080039 from www.meau.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

A BTOW is just right for what I need to do...thanks alot.

Thanks Again!!

Last edited: