Mitsubishi CPU and GX Developer Ethernet comm

NicolasLVS

Hi all,
I've got a Q06UDEHCPU which I can't make communicate with GX Developer using Ethernet cable. I tried everything but nothing has been successful so far.
I'm using GX Dev v8.20.

See the screenshot below:

Problem.PNG

I should be able to select "Ethernet board" on PC side and "PLC module" on PLC side but for some reason "PLC module" is greyed out.

Notes: the PLC is 2nd hand but supposedly empty, the "Error" and "Battery" lights are flashing.

I work with PLCs on a daily basis but it's the first time I ever have to deal with Mitsubishi!

Am I using the right software? Any idea why I can't connect?

Thank you!
Nicolas

Welcome to the forum, have connected to a Q02 using USB with GX IEC V7. The new version is GX Works at ~£400.

Even though they are on my side of the water, consider phoning Ashdale engineering in Belfast, they are Mitsi distributors and will likely advise what software/version you need and advice on getting the IP sorted.

With the ’direct coupling’ test you shouldn’t have to worry about ip adress on the first attempt. As you don’t know what adress it has.

Crossover cable is not necessary.

Try usb also