A-B Pico

grover1

Greetings.

I've been toying around with the PicoSoft program for an A-B Pico 1760-L12BWB smart relay unit (8 inputs and 4 NO relay outputs) and I haven't figgered out if this thing is smart enough to resolve my problem (I'm obviously not smart enough, hence my post on this board) :) . Actually, I'm sure I could answer my own question given enough time, but maybe a quick two cents from someone else can shortcut that.

I need to verify that a cylinder fully extends within 60-70msec from when the PLC fires the solenoid. If it takes longer than 70msec, an output relay closes.

Can the Pico do this? I didn't see references to TIMERS in the help files and the A-B website was SOOOoooo slow yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.

Grover1

Yes, the Pico can do this. Timers are described starting on page 4-19 in the user manual (click HERE for the manual).

Caution: Use timers sparingly... You only have 8 of them... :eek:

beerchug

-Eric

the 1760 series has timer,counter and real time clock functions. I've used the same model on one of my previous jobs. The instruction set is limited. However for basic I/O instructions I didn't run into any problems.

Eric,

Many thanks, that is what I had hoped to find yesterday when I went looking for info on the A-B site. With your link I got the manual in a snap and it shows how a timer can be implemented. The PicoSoft help files didn't even have a TIMING or TIMER entry and I ran out of... time. I expect to use only 4 timers, but I appreciate the advice, nonetheless.

Thanks again everyone for the QUICK RESPONSE, that's why I like this forum!

Grover1