Cimplicity

mwatkins

Does anyone here have experience using Cimplicty? I am having problems with configuring the Alarm Screen.
If anyone does please let me know and I will give you more details.
Thanks

1. How do you get Cimplicty to start up automatically in a certain screen when windows boots up?
2. How do you get it to shut down automatically when you activate a button. For both: exiting to windows or to shut down windows.
3. I am making a new project based off of an existing project. The Alarm screen has a History page that is running from a Script. This I know nothing about.
The first line of code is: Private I_AlarmID As MSForms.IMdcCombo.
Do you understand what's going on with this. Because its creating an error.

Thanks

1. How do you get Cimplicty to start up automatically in a certain screen when windows boots up?
This is a two-step process. First, from the Cimplicity Options window (Start, Programs, Cimplicity, HMI, Cimplicity Options) Startup tab, click on the 'Start projects' radio button and add the desired project name to the list. That will start the project on boot.
To display a specific screen, you need to include a link to the .cim file in the Startup menu for the user that logs on.

2. How do you get it to shut down automatically when you activate a button. For both: exiting to windows or to shut down windows.
To close the window, just associate a procedure with the MOuse Down event for the button. The procedure would execute a 'Close Screen' action. This will make the screen disappear, but keep the Cimplicity project running.
If you want to stop the project, or shut down the computer, the simplest method would be to execute a script when you click the button. The script would be a series of 'Send Keys' statements that duplicate the keystrokes required to shut down.

I think I'd need to see the full alarm history script to be able to tell you what's wrong with it. What kind of error does it generate and where does the error message appear, in the Cimplicuty log file or in a message box?