About Cell

zhphust

I met a program when using InTouch to develop HMI screen.

In my screen, I have some buttons that consists of several Symbols and other graphic items like Rectangle and is formatted as a Cell.
Now, what worries me is when I want to change some Action Script or some Condition Scripts existing of some item of that Cell, I can not do that simply without breaking that Cell. I must break that Cell and use Set To Back or Sent To Front to locate the Symbol or Rectangle and then modify its script every time I want to change something.

This makes me a little annoyed, is there any solution to simply do this job without breaking that cell?

I usually used cells to build graphic items that were to be placed on buttons. In-Touch buttons work even under such objects so the scripts etc can be set on the button leaving the cell alone.

Cell

Tnanks for replay.

In fact, what I want to modify is the script of the graphic item that has been integrated into a cell. Without breaking that cell, I can only modify the Tags or Strings substituted by graphic items of that cell.

Can't do it currently. You must break a cell to edit just about anything associated with it, save tagnames and static strings.

InTouch doesn't have the 'Zoom Into' function like in RSView.

One trick though, if you are designing your own graphics/action cells, is to make them up of several sub-cells. That way, when you break them, you only break the top level groups of cells. Another similar trick, is to put your touch scripts in a simple graphic, like a rectangle, move your other graphics on top of it (as a group), then group the whole thing. Next time you break it, you can easily move the foreground part over some to access the script graphic.

This may be of use if you're trying to use the same cell on different screens. Once you really get the hang of In-Touch you can use indirect tags, it's a bit confusing. You use the indirect tag in the cell to animate it and use the screen script or something else to associate the appropriate real tag with the indirect tag as needed.