Whay have you learned at PLCS.net?

kc9ih said:

So, what have YOU learned?

Casey

The list could be endless.

I tend to read the threads that are either generic or Siemens related, the 'knowledge' that I have picked up from reading the Siemens threads here is enormous, it re-inforces the 'little' I already knew. That is the attraction of this forum, you will always learn something from someone else, whether it be that little snippit of information the manuals don't tell you or other people techniques for acheiving an end result, it is all good stuff.

So, I couldn't really tell you exactly what I have learnt, but suffice to say... Plenty!!

Oh, I have learnt that HNC students questions do not change year after year after year.... :rolleyes:

Paul

Probably the most important thing I've learned is, how much I don't know.

I've learned that no matter what your problem, someone out there has experienced the same thing, and can give you a couple of pointers.

Ken

I've learned that I'm nowhere near as smart as I used to think, and nowhere near as dumb as my former boss used to think.

I've learned that other people have solved problems similar to the ones I've solved, and that they have solved them the same way I did, and that they have solved them in ways that I never thought of.

Participating in this forum has been both a humbling experience and a boost to my ego, a learning experience and an opportunity to share what I've learned. On the whole, I've gained more than I've given.

A more accurate way of looking at that statement is that a wise man will try and figure it out himself then ask when he is unable to do that or to clarify his ideas.

A more accurate way of looking at that statement is that a wise man will try and figure it out himself then ask when he is unable to do that or to clarify his ideas.

Ditto,
That’s one of the many benefits of this site, the teachers here are constantly providing
additional resources to find the answers ourselves.

I have learned about brands of PLC's that I would never come across, but might one day. (and consequently did)

I have learned how to label and comment logic correctly so that I, or anyone following me can understand what I meant.

I have learned that helping is a better feeling than being helped.

I have learned that probably without this site existing, I would be a 'limited' programmer

I'd say in the two years I've frequented this site, 90% of the time has been reading posts and absorbing as much as I could. 5% has been asking a question, the remaining 5% has been answering a question when I can. This site has great search functionality and data from people spending countless hours of explaining things in very clear words, so it works for me as an excellent resource for controls related questions.

Greg