Omron RECV error flag

automatic

According to the manual, the A219.portNumber bit will be set to ON if a RECV command fails. I am using port 6 and this bit is not being set if the command fails. I am disconnecting the ETN11 card from the network by unplugging the cable. Any help?

errorflag.jpg

Automatic,

I don't think that unplugging the cable will cause a RECV command failure. Unplugging the cable may cause another bit to be set showing whether or not the Port 6 is active or not. I suppose that unplugging is not actually a failure...

So is there a way for the sender PLC to know if the other PLC is available? What should I use to know that the RECV command got the data from the other PLC?
What event will set the A219.portNumber flag?

Automatic,

In cases like this I always study the user manual, CAREFULLY! I do not have one handy right now for your specific ETN11 card & Omron PLC. I would search for any info on communications parameters or instructions. There should be both Receive and Transmit Buffers (temporary storage locations), with commands and flags that can be used to determine what is going on inside the Buffers, whether or not they are receiving data. This is probably where your Error Flag will get set.

Automatic:

We would like to see your data table for the control word operand. We suspect a setup problem. Also there will be FINS response code in A508 if you are using port 6.

Here's the control word. If the network cables are plugged up and everything is set right in the Unit Setup, I am able to successfully receive data. I am just trying to set a bit if a remote PLC is down for some reason.
Thanks for the help!

recv.jpg