Last state with Contrologix

bobwithdana

OK so I have a Contrologix chassies with a Processor in slot 0, several ethernet cards and the rest are 1756/dnb devicenet scanner modules. Each devicenet scanner module controls between 6 and 12 modules such as 1794/ADN flex I/O adapters, 1791D-16BO inputs, Outputs etc. For Input / output operation.

My question is this. I know I can use RSNetworx for devicenet to configure each and every module to have Outputs remain in there last state on major faults or reset etc. With PLC-5 I can set a dip switch on the backplane to cover the whole chasises. Do I have any other options. with 12 Contrologix systems and a minimum of 30 modules per system this could be a pain.

Thanks.
Bob

Flexibility has its downside, I'll agree.

You will have to manually set every FLEX output module and every CompactBlock output module for the Idle Mode and Fault Mode actions that you desire.