Transfer AB software license

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi folks,
How difficult is it to transfer ownership of Allen-Bradley software license?
We currently have several licenses for RSLogix5 & 500, and RsLinx OEM.
Plus one each of Panelbuilder 32, Panelbuilder1400e. All are latest versions and under support contract (expires Jan31,2005).

Part of the plant I work at has been sold, and some of the software goes with the sale, so I need to transfer the software to the new owner. Is this done through the local AB rep, or do I contact AB direct?

Ken,

I had to write a letter stating that I was transfering the software.
One of thr Engineerings in the TRC group at the local CED office did the rest. Hope this helps

Bob O.

Last edited:
I've done this a number of times.
I usually call AB's tech support.
They need you to send or fax a letter (on company letterhead) with the details of who the license will transfer from and to (person's contact information)

Tech support will provide you with the information that they need and where to send it.