DATA aquisition from S7-200

mjamil

I need to connect several S7-226 CPUs, (each installed separately on 15 packing machines)

The PLCs are required to export Data to a COMPUTER.

I've heard of SIMATIC MICROCOMP V1.0

I have two questions:

1) The Best & Reliable way to connect all these together? (someone was telling me I should try "AS Interface" would be a good choice) cud someone please shed some light on this?

2) recommendation for Software to aquire this data.

the above mentioned MICRO-Computing, PC access (which only supports up to 8 PLCs), or a third party custom designed?

Last edited:
mjamil said:
I need to connect several S7-226 CPUs, (each installed separately on 15 packing machines)

The PLCs are required to export Data to a COMPUTER.

I've heard of SIMATIC MICROCOMP V1.0

I have two questions:

1) The Best & Reliable way to connect all these together? (someone was telling me I should try "AS Interface" would be a good choice) cud someone please shed some light on this?

No, ASi is not good at this job. I would probably select Ethernet for this job. As alternatives, you could also use profibus or a serial comms card.

[/QUOTE]

2) recommendation for Software to aquire this data.

the above mentioned MICRO-Computing, PC access, or a third party custom designed?
[/QUOTE]

I would use Citect to gather this data, see www.citect.com

Siemens have their own software for this called WinCC.

There are also other options.

You can network the S7 226s together. Use one of the PLCs to gather the data from the other PLCs, then use PC Access to pull the data from the one unit. S7 200s have peer-to-peer networking built-in.

S7-200 data adquisition

Hi,

You can use PC ACCESS to get data from a S7-200 to excel, VB or a SCADA via PPI, PROFIBUS or Ethernet.

Sincerely,
Forgoselo

The S7-226s have two ports. One I would be using for a TD-200 or a TP-070.

Now to network 15 PLCs altogether, I am not sure how I can do that? since all the PLCs have remaining single port!

thats why I was asking if I should go for PROFIBUS or ethernet, etc?

Once I am cleared of how I should be doing the networking, I need some clarification about the PC access too.

Thanks for all those who helped, and waiting to hear from other friends too.

You could go with Profibus or Ethernet, profibus may be easiest though. All s7-200's will do Profibus so a PC adapter for Profibus and any SCADA package should work as long as the SCADA/PC program can be a profibus master.