FTV ME 2 tags for a global connection - is this possible?

EICS

in FTV ME Version 9.0

i want to have 2 tags for the global connection "Replace Display Number" - is this possible?

i have 2 plc short cuts configured and want to get the screen number that is displayed on the terminal into a tag/address in both PLC's

one plc is a PLC5 Ethernet model the other is a 1756-L83.

i would prefer NOT to message between plcs for this if i don't have to.

screen shot of the global connections tool attached

can it be done ?

Capture.JPG

I haven't done this, so I can't be sure how it would work

But here is what I would try..
For "Replace Display Number" - I would use a HMI tag.

Then have two macros (one for each PLC) that would write the value of the HMI tag to a PLC tag.