Ti 405

Koyo made plcs for many companies, one was Texas Instruments (TI). also Siemens and GE. Siemens bought TI but some of the plc's Koyo had rights too...Koyo is Automationdirect.

Koyo has been making PLCs for many years. They started marketing in the USA in 1982 with the GE Series One, then TI took over and marketed the same basic PLC as the TI 305 series and started the TI 405 line, Siemens took over the two lines for a few years, then a small upstart company called PLCDirect took over the 305 and 405 lines, launched the 205 line and branded the Koyo PLCs as DirectLogic.

then a small upstart company called PLCDirect took over the 305 and 405 lines, launched the 205 line and branded the Koyo PLCs as DirectLogic.

That is accurate but misleading. Automationdirect (PLCDirect originally) is a subsidiary of Koyo Electronics which is part of Koyo Seiko group. Koyo manufactured plc's which GE, TI and Siemens name branded. The plans of the companies werent compatible so PLCDirect/Automationdirect was created to direct market Koyo's automation products.

That is accurate but misleading. Automationdirect (PLCDirect originally) is a subsidiary of Koyo Electronics which is part of Koyo Seiko group. Koyo manufactured plc's which GE, TI and Siemens name branded. The plans of the companies werent compatible so PLCDirect/Automationdirect was created to direct market Koyo's automation products.

Sorry, I didn't clarify that further, I was in a bit of a hurry when I replied.