What's PLC, Master?

Don't you know Gollum....?

attachment.php

there's one on every planet ...

Greetings Gollum,

to answer your question:

actually a PLC is an industrial computer ...

instead of using a keyboard for its input, we wire up sensors, switches, etc. so that the PLC can monitor conditions in our factory ...

instead of using a screen for its output, we wire up valves, motors, etc. so that the PLC can control devices in our factory ...

the most common form of programming language for PLCs is called “relay ladder logic” ... it looks like symbols for switches and relay coils ... actually that is all just a clever trick intended to keep the riff-raff out of the trade ...

if we tell you any more than this, then you’ll know too much and we’ll have to kill you ... now please go away ... we masters have important work to do ...

Last edited:
Jeezzz...

I can't believe you guys took the time to respond.

I'm not responding to Gollum... I'm commenting on "chumming".

Gollam, do not go away yet!

For a PLC, or anyting else for that matter, to be reffered to as a "Master", it must have a slave. The terminology is now changing, for political correctness, to "Leader/Follower"

In this facility, where I am currently employed, I program and use the PLCs as a "Buffer" between the machine and the highly trained, highly skilled operators. zzzzz I call them highly trained skilled operators because an unskilled person would just let the machine do it's job. A skilled operator can come up with all sorts of ideas how the machine will perform much more to their liking in manual mode when they do this, or that, or a combination of three buttons from the right hand, two buttons, one selector switch from the other, and the left knee goes here, but only on Tuesday, the rest of the time you do not use the knee. :sick:

Also, here, we do not refer to them as slaves or followers. They are the coconuts. I did not come up with the name, but they have earned it.

Do not take up programming if you do not have a great imagination for what a coconut can do, even if you believe it to be impossible. The PLC is there to keep the mechanic/coconuts from touching to much inside of that cabinet with the humming stuff and the little pretty lights. :unsure:

The little flashy light thingys on the front of that box do-hickey, scare them. All of the wires do too. :eek: This is only the beginning of the grand conspiracy of which you are asking. Also there is that black box that those who know, carry around, to help calm the machine back down. I can not tell you what we do with that black box, or the others will come and get me and do things to make me a coconut! bonkhead

So, in summary:
The Slave/Follower/coconut does only what the Master/Leader allows.
If the PLC is truely the Master over the human race (only the coconut style of humanoid) then what is the one who tells the Master what to allow?? :geek:
Study on this question Gallom and contemplate your future.

My future has beer in it, in about 4-1/2 more hours! 🍺
12 hours a day/7 days a week making sure the coconuts do not split open.

One other thing that they will NOT teach you in class. You must learn how to capture and trap the "Not me" ghost. He/she/it has several different aliases also: "I was on break", "I don't know", "It's been doing that for weeks", "You guys changed something in the program"(That is one of my personnal favorites)........ and the list goes on.

sounds like it's time for a poll

I like that idea, but I'll let someone else have first crack at it.

Master, make me one with everything. And the BRICK was invented.

Don't think I've seen a brick with "everything" yet, put me down for at least one.

What's PLC, Master?

At least he was polite enough to address us properly!

regards all.....casey

I suspect his request had nothing to do with programmable logic controllers, unless he stumbled across the site and wondered what they were.

Gollum. Don't let these guys fool you

a PLC MASTER is someone who can take a bunch of wires and a plastic thing from a box and hooks it all together with a little TV screen with his boss telling him he is spending to much money and taking to long to make a machine make something that most folks just wish they could make it do.Thats what a true PLC MASTER is. NOW on the other hand a PLC slave (the boss) is one who sits there all day wondering if this darn thing will ever run, because the PLC MASTER went to lunch! Now you know the true meaning of a PLC Master .... LOL

elevmike
I like that picture!

Gollum, PLC is short for Programmable Logic Circuit. As the name applies, it's used for programming. It acts as the brain, where all you do is add some nerves and cells to it, to get it to work.
geesh...I should not have given up medicine to take on electrical. :oops:
At least he was polite enough to address us properly!
Master sounds pretty high in ranking....I wouldn't think myself as one. :p

regards
Sherine