1784-pktx do not find SLC on DH485

bundhit

Hi all,
I've just encountered the communication problem on DH485.
Previously, I had process which used PC with 1784-PKTX connected
with multi-SLC system (SLC5/01 and 1747-AIC)
Last week I moved the machine, which was the last node of the
multi SLC system, to the new location. The distance was longer
than the previous position. After the relocation, RSlinx could not detect the last node, by the way, it can detect the others. I had made
sure about DH485 wiring to the new location. It's correct. Anyhow, I
am not sure about the affect from the longer distance (Originally, the last node is far from 1784-PKTX about 15 meters. But the new location of the last node is far from 1784-PKTX about 40 meters.) Anyone has ever experienced the problem like this please share the ideas.
Many thanks
BD.

:D Sawadi kop bundhit
I am not sure about the distance being a factor, have you gone to the tech support site? Maybe you can get one of the gurus to help like Ken Moore? How is the weather there? Thailand was the best place i have visited during my Army days!
Best of luck.

George

The DH-485 trunkline limit is 4000 feet; that is about 1220 meters.

In every networking problem it is best to check your wiring twice ! Particularly, the jumpers for DH-485 termination and shield grounding should be moved if you add another 1747-AIC to the network at another location.

Get the DH-485 Installation Manual and follow it exactly.

Sawadi kop George,
Currently, the weather in Bangkok is very cool. It is a happy time here! Trere are many festivals till the new year. Many tourists always impress when they come to Thailand. I hope you have oppotunity
to visit Thailand again.

Hi Ken Roach,
Thank you for you comments, I will try again.