communications

waterboy

Hi can some one please tell me what drivers to use on RsLinx, when communicating to a slc 504 and panel view through an AIC mudule.

Hi

You should be able to use the RS232 AB DF1 driver on RSLinx to communicate with SLC.

Connect it on and in the configuration dialaog for the device option choose SLC, then hit the AutoConfigure button.

There are a handful of different communication protocols available on PanelView terminals; tell us which terminal part number you have and how it's hooked up to the SLC-5/04 controller and that will let us help you better.

Based on your description of the system, I would guess what you have is:

PanelView with DH-485 network
1761-NET-AIC module (also known as an "AIC+")
SLC-5/04 Channel 0 configured for DH-485 protocol

The DH-485 trunk connector on the AIC+ cables to the DH485 port on the PanelView. One of RS-232 ports on the AIC+ cables to the SLC-5/04 Channel 0 serial port. Your computer plugs into the other RS-232 port on the AIC+.

If my guesses are correct, you need to use "DH-485" protocol in RSLinx, which means configuring a "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver. This can be tricky depending on your operating system and hardware- you'll want to search the archives on this site or Rockwell's support site if you have trouble with that.

If any of my assumptions are incorrect, then the answer changes too.