Controllogix Linefeed Append

10dulkar

OK this problem is taking too much time...

I have a 1782-JDC RS-232/Devicenet converter which is feeding ASCII strings to a Keyence Micrometer. For some reason either Controllogix/RS Logix 5000 (while passing the string to the converter) or the converter while passing it to the Micrometer is appending a linefeed (ASCII 10) at the end of the ASCII string.

This is causing the micrometer to reply back with correct numbers followed by an error string.

Any thoughts on why this would happen. All I am doing is use the COP func to copy the string to the correct devicenet output location in the controller.

Thanks for your help.

I don't think the 1782-JDC can be set up to append a delimiter character on its own.

A transmit delimiter is only used when there is an output array that is sent to the 1782-JDC with the Length set to zero.

If that's the case, the 1782-JDC searches the output data for a Delimiter Character, set by Parameter 19. If Parameter 18 is set to "include", the JDC transmits that delimiter along with the rest of the output data up to it. If Parameter 18 is set to "exclude", only the data up to the delimiter is sent.

The only way to get a 0x10 linefeed character in your out put string is to have it there in the array you are copying to the DeviceNet module output data table.

You should be able to monitor the output data array and whatever logic you use to compose it to figure out how that byte is getting in there.

I think the model you are referring to is JDCE. This one is a JDC with only 10 paramters (EDS 5.06). When I try to register the newer eds file (6.03) with this device, it doesnt recognize it as the correct file.

I was indeed giving it a '0' length but changing that to correct length doesnt help either. More so I even tried a MOV on the string by sending it in a Hex format to make sure no hidden chars in the ASCII string. The problem continues.

Anything else I should be looking for???

I also tried to go directly through the comm port on the processor (Channel 0) directly to the micrometer and cant get it to work either (this time a diff problem though). Though I havent monitored that data in Hyperterminal to see if the micrometer is even receiving the command.

Thanks!