Compact Logix as slave off PLC5

Mark Buskell

I have used a SLC rack as an remote rack off a PLC5/30 before by using a 1747-ASB Module.
Can the CompactLogix be done the same way, if so what module?
The CompactLogix rack would contain some I/O Modules and a couple of analog ins and outs.

Right now there is a 13 slot rack and we would be adding the CompactLogix as rack 2.

I have a customer who has heard about the CompactLogix and is wishing to try it but I am not sure if using a SLC rack still might be the best way to go.

Thanks,

Mark

PLC5

Thanks for the info.
If I go with the CompactLogix remote rack then I have two comm modules to buy versus only one with the SLC rack.

If the application is 24 vdc discrete and analog I/O only, a lower cost alternative may be CompactBlock I/O. It is available as RIO, so you could hang it off your PLC-5.