Direct Logic PLC Password Help

APEACE

I have a Direct Logic 405 Processor that has an unknown password stored in it. It is a D4-450 CPU.

We,ve had this processor for three years and the original person who used this processor is no longer with our company. I need to use this processor to create and test a program that will be installed in several field locations. Automation Direct says to send the processor back for service to get the password removed but I need this processor ASAP.

Does anyone know how to clear this password so that the processor can be used?

TIA

Amos Peace CET-J

The only way to clear a password is to send it back to AutomationDirect Technical Support. The password will be cleared free of charge (other than shipping costs). Be aware that any program in the plc will be erased as a result of the password clearing operation.

APEACE

Just to confirm what has already been said. You dont have a prayer on this one... You must send it back, or get a new one.