servo basic

klops

hi.
i'm really newbie in programmin plc, and i'm writting my first program, which will be use on real object.
plc mitsubishi fx1n
and my problem is like that.

i have to run servo mechanism, and i have signals:
in:
Servo-DO1
Servo-ZSP
Servo-TLC
out:
servo-pp
servo-np
servo-son
servo-absm
servo-absr

altough i unscramble some of these (eg. son-servo on, or zsp - zero speed positon) i don't know how singnals or values i have to send to it.
i don't ask for large answer.. only for links where i can find it, but for beginners.

It would be much more helpful if you could indicate the brand and model of the servo amp as well as how it is connected to the PLC - what type of position control module is being used.

In a very basic way, controlling a servo from PLC means something like this:

1. There must be a PLC output bit that enables/disables the servo (servo on)
2. There must be PLC output registers to set up accelaration, deceleration, run speed and target position.
3. There must be PLC input register to read current position (position feedback).
4. There must be PLC input bits telling you that servo is running and that it reached the target position.
5. There must be a PLC input bit or bits to read servo status (fault/ready)

In reality it is little bit more complicated than that. The picture would be quite different if it is one of the programmable servo amps that store all the motion parameters in "motion profiles", or "moves" and all that PLC has to do is to initiate move number so-and-so and to make sure it has completed.

So please provide additional information.

See if you can find a manual for a FX1PG (or variation of, FX2NPG)unit from Mitsu at www.meau.com This is their interface unit for servo/ stepper and they have some diagrams for connections and sample routines. It is not hard, but not that easy, either. Parameters for operations and mode have to be defined and data registers setup to accept/ send info. I have used this for steppers a number of years back.
tommy23t