I/O Modules help

ak

A
hi,

can anyone tell me the functions of different PLC modules like
AC i/p module, dc i/p module analog i/p module, analog o/p module, realay o/p modules & which s/gs do they control or in charge of ....eg valve, motors, pressure measurement, vfds etc

thx

Go through the "Learmn PLCs" tutorial at the top of the page first, then come back with specific questions. What you are asking for is essentially a duplicate of the info in this tutorial.

AC i/p m/ds take s/ns from s/ss p/w'd by AC c/r i/t the PLC. DC i/p m/ds take s/ns from s/ss p/w'd by DC c/r i/t the PLC. A/n/g i/p m/ds take in d/t in the form of n/bs. This is in c/t to d/c m/ds whose d/t is ON or OFF.

In g/n/r i/p m/ds r/p d/t from the m/c. O/p m/ds are c/t'd by the PLC.

You know, it takes l/r to type a m/s u/s a / to d/n m/s l/ts than to just type the e/t word.

Ok so to possably humiate myself...What's an "i/p module"? :unsure:

Or is it that "O" is just to the left of "P" and ak has a broken finger on his/her right hand??

All this time I was wondern' how in the world to abbrivate these things...Also now I can actually understand Steve's encripted response. utoh