NAIS PLC function call

TEOWK

Dear All,
I was trying to write a function and call that function in NAIS FPWIN Pro Structure text format. In FUNCTION BLOCK format it works well. However, when I work with structure text, the erroe "No overloading of funtion FUN1 takes 3 parameters". PLease advise.

FUN1(BOOL):
DATA TYPE: BOOL1, BOOL2 , BOOL3 are VAR_IN

FUN1:= BOOL1 AND BOOL2 AND BOOL3;

MAIN PROGRAM:
DATA TYPE: Result is Boolean BOOL

Result:=FUN1(X1, X2, X3)

Thank you.

Hi,

I would suggest to transfer the three X1,2,3 in internal VARs, make a function call by using these VARs and compile again. I also want to check the way you declare your function. No ";" missing in your main code?

Let us know your programming tool version pls and post some ASCII code if you need more.

Laurent

NAIS Fuction CALL

Thanks.

The software version is Control FPWIN Pro4, Service Pack:--The IEC 61131-3 Programming System.

If I call the function in Ladder diagram format, a function block will prompt out and all we need to do is fill in the variable input and variable output. But if I use Structured Text format,

OUTPUT := fun ( INPUT1, INPUT2, INPUT3 )

The error "No overloading of fun takes 3 parameters" comes out. In short, I failed to apply the correct way to call that function.