S7-1500 - OPC UA Client simple example VS2010

OPC UA is a protocol with a fairly large complexity.
You will not able to read something with a few hundred lines of code.
You need a library /toolkit.
If your program is open source may you can use a library from the OPC Foundation, if not then some commercial library can cost some thousand dollar

OPC UA is a protocol with a fairly large complexity.
You will not able to read something with a few hundred lines of code.
You need a library /toolkit.
If your program is open source may you can use a library from the OPC Foundation, if not then some commercial library can cost some thousand dollar

As per https://github.com/open62541/open62541/wiki/List-of-Open-Source-OPC-UA-Implementations there are a variety of open source OPC UA libraries (some more open source than others)

I wrote my own client library in Java, it is the one that uses my Android application.
It cost me several months of hard work and many hours of specs reading.

Maybe one day I put it on sale o_O

Also the embedded Siemens Server uses OPC UA Nano which is a special set of OPC UA Functionality. Some UA methods are not supported by Nano implementation. I highly recommend getting and SDK library from any of the reputable companies that make them. You can find a list of vendors at the OPC Foundation website.