Rslogix SFC cleanup

jholm90

I have been given a task to insert a couple more steps into a RSLogix v.20 SFC routine somewhere right in the middle of a chart with about 60 or so steps.
Just wondering if there is a quick way to 'auto generate' or 'make it look pretty' afterwards without moving and re-drawing every item?
Thanks for your insights..

You can left click with your mouse and hold, drag the window out to encapsulate the steps and tasks for the portion of the SFC that is BELOW your addition. Once highlighted left click and hold on one of the steps in the window, then drag the selection down. Delete the wire where you want your addition and your revision then reconnect the steps above and below your addition. Make sense?

If you have a thumb wheel scroll on your mouse you can hold down CTRL on your keyboard and use the thumb wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out.

EDITED: to say that i have only used SFC on V26+ so this may not work on V20.

Last edited:
Thanks _Dock_

I was hoping that there would be a way to have the chart redrawn after but I guess not?

I've done the suggestion you provided however most things moving about in the chart aren't quite as smooth as hoped, i.e. No snapping action or auto resizing after adding additional conditions to the structured text statements..

The "wires" in SFC cannot be auto redrawn. This is true for FBD in RsLogix5000 also. This may not be the case with V32, but i'm not 100% positive. You think Rockwell would've addressed this anomaly by now. Gotta love Rockwell...