RS Logix 5000- Can you export / import controller and local from program to program ?

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I worked on a project from home this weekend . Added some local and controller tags to it . At the plant most likely a lot of speed and gap changes and really don't want to do a download. Is there a way I can export only these new controller and local tags to the running program ?

Thanks so much for your help .

Good Afternoon ,

I worked on a project from home this weekend . Added some local and controller tags to it . At the plant most likely a lot of speed and gap changes and really don't want to do a download. Is there a way I can export only these new controller and local tags to the running program ?

Thanks so much for your help .

If you have a list of these 'new' tags in your controller tags file, simply copy these into your 'online' program and they will load into the controller memory.

Regards

Daniel.

Thanks . Yes , I seen that you can right click and copy a tag , but I'm sorry , I don't see where you can paste in the online program . I was doing alot of copying last night while creating new tags , but when I did that it would add , some extra characters at the end of the tag name for some reason , and also it would not copy the Data Type ,such as REAL .

So, for example , the program I worked on during the weekend , I right click one of the tags I created this weekend , and copy . I then go to the Online program at the plant , and right click on Local or Controller Tags , and the options I get is ........

New Tag
New Parameter
Monitor Tags
Edit Tags
Verify
and Export Tags

I'm sorry. I know I'm missing something.

Add a routine to your offline program that references the new tags. Export the routine then import it while online. It will create all the tags referenced. You can then remove the routine from your online program.

You can also copy and paste tags from the edit tags list (not monitor). Highlight the rows to copy. Paste to the last row of the list with the asterisk.

Last edited: