Retrieving data from PM800 via Ethernet Gateway EGX

hcahyadi

Hello world!

I am trying to grab data from Power Meter 800 via Ethernet Gateway EGX400. I have followed the manual and try to read the volatages from the power meter. And when it comes to see the data from the register (via Concept 2.6), it displays 0 at all time. Can anyone who knows how to setup such case share their experiences please? I might be missing something.

Thank you very much,
Harry

Harry,

I am not familar with "Power Meter 800". Is that a power monitoring interface similar to the Square-D POWERLOGIC circuit monitor? If so, the most likely cause of non-performance is not successfuly establishing communications between the Power Meter and your computer.

How can you check to be sure that the Power Meter is sending data to your Ethernet network? How can you check to be sure that your computer is receiving data from the Ethernet network? You may need another monitoring program to determine if you have communications or not.

Last edited:
Dear Lancie1,

Thank you for the reply. I have just solved the problem.

Yes, it was indeed due to non-performing communication between the EGX and the PLC.

I tested the EGX using a communication tester directly from the PC, and it was able to read the values of PM800 via the EGX.

I configured the I/O scanner in Concept to retrieve the values via PLC.

Now that the problem has been solved, I would like to close this discussion.

Thanks again,
-Harry